I’m in week 27 a.k.a. the end of the 6th month. That picture is from a week or two ago but I think I look even bigger now.
I’m also in the middle of conference/baby shower season. Both sides of our family live sort of near the AMTA conference location of not-Chicago (St. Charles, IL) so we’re on a whirlwind tour of Pennsylvania, Ohio, THEN conference. It’s been a lot of fun.
My gracious music therapy mommy friends have shared pregnancy specific tips for surviving the music therapy conference. Here’s what they have to say:
- Bring water. This is the most popular tip. So, if you don’t see my bump, just look for the lady with the water cup.
- Put your feet up as often as you can. I have no problems with this as I officially have cankles. Those go away afterward, right?
- Take people up on their offers to get you something. That sounds great!
- Cut in the bathroom line if you have to. I actually did this the other day at a rest stop. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I just started rubbing my stomach and said to someone “I really have to go”… they practically pushed me into the stall.
- If you need a nap, take a nap. I purposely got a hotel room at the resort for this reason. So, if you stop by the Music Therapy Pro booth and you don’t see me, there is a possibility I will be sleeping
- Bring and eat snacks. Do you hear something in the back of the room? It’ll probably be me munching.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Truthfully, comfort is all I’m thinking about… my clothing will be reflecting that fact.
- Slow down, take it easy, you don’t have to attend EVERYTHING. This makes a lot of sense but I can see it being difficult to implement. I’ll try my best!
- Don’t let people get to you and take a break when you need to. Crankiness due to uncomfortably happens a lot in pregnancy. God help the unsuspecting person who asks a pregnant woman the ‘wrong’ question… which, could be ANY question that she doesn’t want to hear.
- Sit, relax and enjoy! Check, check and check!